Frequently Asked Questions
1 - What is Reiki?
Reiki (ray-key) is a simple, natural and safe method of self improvement and spiritual healing that everyone can benefit from. It is deeply relaxing, stress-reducing, and promotes overall health and well-being and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical and/or therapeutic techniques to ease side effects and promote recovery.
Reiki is based on the idea that unseen life-force energy flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's life-force energy is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress. If our life-force energy is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. By channeling energy in a particular pattern, I help restore energy to your body that has become unbalanced or blocked.
I administer Reiki by gently placing my hands lightly on and/or above your body while you are fully clothed. Your comfort is of the utmost importance to me, so I can tailor my process to honor your boundaries.
2 - What is a Reiki session like with you?
At your Reiki session, you will lay down on a massage table while I gently place my hands on, above, and around your body while you are fully clothed. Your comfort is of the utmost importance to me, so I can tailor my process to honor your boundaries. If it is uncomfortable for you to lay down, you may sit in a comfortable chair during your session.
There is no tissue manipulation, rubbing, or massaging of any kind.
You may choose to rest in silence, or interact with me. Although each person experiences Reiki differently, many clients feel a warm and pleasant energy that flows through and around them throughout their session.
After your session, I will share with you what I sensed and answer any questions that you may have about your experience.
3 - I am a Christian. Is Reiki compatible with my beliefs? Is it a religion?
I am so glad that you've asked! Although Reiki energy is spiritual in nature, Reiki is not a religion. Religions are usually involved with issues such as heaven and hell, sin and salvation, etc., and have a doctrine or code that one must believe in in order to be a part of the religion. Reiki does not deal with these things. Reiki is a simple healing technique. It does not require one give up one's religion or change one's religious beliefs in any way to practice it. Most Christians who practice Reiki state that Reiki brings them closer to God, to Christ, and to the Holy Spirit and because it is a method of healing, it helps them fulfill their Christian calling to help others.
More questions? If so, I highly recommend checking out the independent website www.christianreiki.org. It has been created to help other Christians in their understanding of Reiki. The purpose of the site is to answer questions Christians have about Reiki and to provide a place for Christians who practice Reiki to share their ideas and experiences.
4 - What are your qualifications?
I know there are many Reiki practitioners out there, and I encourage you to find the one that is the best fit for you. So what value do I bring to you?:
- I Am Qualified: I am Holy Fire Karuna Reiki Master® and a Professional Member with the International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT). I began doing Reiki in 2010 and have received certifications in Reiki I & II , Advanced Reiki Training, Master Training, Reiki Drumming, and Holy Fire Karuna Master® Teacher training. In regards to my education outside of Reiki, I graduated Cum Laude with a B.A. in Religious Studies and Philosophy. After college I have continued my studies at the School of Metaphysics, and have taken classes in Shamanic Journeying, Dowsing and Energy Healing Techniques, and the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT/Tapping). I am a life-long learner!
- I Am Experienced: I have passionately been serving all ages since 2010 with:
- Relaxation, restoration, and rejuvenation of one's spirit, mind, and body
- Using Reiki in conjunction with current therapies and treatments to further promote healing and restoration of one's body, mind, and spirit
- Being present to you as you navigate life's ups and downs
- Partnering with my clients as we remove the layers that may keep them from realizing their wholeness (wholi-ness)
- Empowering others toward their Highest Good
- I Am Inclusive: I am one of non-judgment, support, and affirmation of all life paths. I offer loving support to you as you are and wherever you are at in your life.